Friday 30 May 2008

The good news - epilogue to woes

In yesterday's blog I mentioned the radio-controlled watch that wasn't telling the correct time ... last night I had another look at the data-sheet and discovered where I had gone wrong when re-setting it, and now it is showing the right time. Result!

I also mentioned that Argos had offered to replace the dysfunctional strimmer with the new model if I paid the difference ... today Vic gave me a lift into town with the 'wee beastie' (my pet name for the strimmer) and I returned it to Argos. The same young lad was serving, so knew exactly why I was there, and gave me the happy news that the new model had now been reduced in price. Instead of having to hand over ten quid, I received the ever-so-slightly more powerful (30cc compared to the old 25cc) new strimmer plus a £2 refund. Bonus!

PS This might amuse: I have a tendency to make lists such as shopping lists, 'to do' lists and so on. Yesterday's 'to do' list was written on a piece of paper from the 'scrap paper' drawer. It was blank on one side, and had two lines from a Christian worship song printed on the other. The 'to do' list was on the blank side, then when I was jotting down the bank account details for the account I was paying the money into, I scribbled them on the flip-side. At the bank where I was paying the cash in, when the (good-looking young male) cashier asked me for the account details, I handed over the piece of paper - only then did I notice that the printed words proclaimed:
'And I, I'm desperate for you
And I, I'm lost without you'.
I do wonder what he made of that!

No comments: