Wednesday 17 February 2010

Jersey Boys

Gorgeous weather - blue sky and sunshine - for our trip to London. My friend picked me up around 10 am and we headed into town. There's a cafe called Ossie's in the city centre we like to patronise - stopped there for lunch then drove on to Leicester Square and checked out what films were showing. After enjoying 'Up in the Air' (George Clooney), we bought tickets for Jersey Boys at the half-price Tkts booth (where the sales assistants are extremely helpful). We walked around a while, browsing a couple of Waterstone's stores to give me a chance to spend my book token. I was looking for 'Factoring Humanity' by Robert Sawyer. I read 'Flash Forward' recently and enjoyed it, and I'm reliably informed that 'Factoring Humanity' is the author's own favourite of the novels he's written. Unfortunately it's not currently available in the UK, as far as I can gather.

After a cheap and delicious vegetable lasagne at Yates' in Leicester Square, we walked down to the Prince Edward theatre and took our seats for an evening of entertainment based on the story of Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons. Super day.

No comments: