Monday 23 August 2010

Sew creative!

Today I'm feeling inordinately pleased with myself on two counts :



  1. I began the day with a trip to the gym - always a good way to start the week (not least because of the extra calories I've indulged in over the weekend).

  2. At the weekend I noticed that the plastic peg basket was broken. I also noticed when we were playing Scrabble there was a hole in the letters' bag. This morning I got the sewing machine out and made myself a new letters' bag out of a scrap of green fabric I happened to have lying around, then went on to make a new peg bag from part of an old curtain.

I may have mentioned before that I detested sewing lessons at school, probably because I felt so inept at it. That might go some way to explain why I'm feeling so pleased with my new-found ability to create useful things from material.

No comments: