Thursday 3 June 2010

Brighton Beach & George Benson

A friend wanted to go and see George Benson in concert. We checked out the tour dates and settled on Brighton, as I'd previously expressed a desire to go and see the Brighton Pavilion. I drove us down there, leaving around 9.45 am and taking the 'A' roads rather than the motorway. We stopped for coffee en route and arrived in Brighton in time for lunch.

On our list of places to visit were the delightful St Anne's Well Gardens where we had a lovely lunch in the busy little cafe. A combination of the beautiful summer weather and half-term school holidays had drawn out lots of families.

Here's the Royal Pavilion. The exotic architecture looks fantastic against a clear summer-blue sky.


I love the way this photo captures the very essence of a British seaside town, with a gull flying past a sign for fish and chips in the lower right-hand corner, and the fairground at the end of the pier in the upper left corner (not to mention the pebble beach and the merry-go-round).


I'll confess I didn't enjoy the concert as much as some of the others we've been to and I was glad to get home and climb wearily into my bed after a delightful yet tiring day at the seaside.

No comments: