Monday 28 June 2010

That Berry's Busty!




Recently I introduced myself over the fence to the neighbour who borders the rear of my garden and he invited me to go round and see his wooden figures. Today a friend and I took him up on the offer, and were delighted by his collection. He makes them all out of Lime wood. The Polar bear is bleached Lime. The key and chain is carved out of a single piece of wood. Also delightful was the collection of stories with which he regaled us. Besides the wood-carving, his other hobbies include radio-controlled boats and making dolls houses, then at Christmas as if all that wasn't enough, he dresses up as Father Christmas. A natural born raconteur!






I took him a little dish of freshly picked strawberries from the allotment - excluding this odd shaped one. Don't you think it looks like it has breasts? I think if 'That's Life!' was still on TV, it would have had a starring role.

No comments: