Monday 30 June 2008

June Update

As I type this, it is over a month since I last logged a journal entry so without further ado, here are the highlights from the last week in June.
Thursday 26th: Vic departed on his trusty steed (the BMW F650 CS) to meet up with work colleagues for the trek down to Blois in France for a few days. Meanwhile arrangements were in hand for me to have some help with getting my car MoT tested and with the allotment (ripping up the old paths and planting out some seedlings I’ve been bringing on in the potting shed). Then it was dinner, shower and change to go to dance class. A full day, and very satisfying.
Friday 27th: Up early and over the allotment again to finish relaying the new paths, do some weeding and plant out some more seedlings. All looking good! Dinner included the fruits of my labours (sugar snap peas and strawberries for dessert), then on to watch the Chronicles of Narnia film, Prince Caspian. I think the young lady in the box office must have been having a private joke: the tickets gave allocated seat numbers; there weren't many people in the theatre, and almost all of us were sat side by side in one row! It was, shall we say, a cosy arrangement.
Saturday 28th: A friend took me over to pick up the car with it’s new MOT certificate and we gave it a long run down to Dover – couldn’t see France today owing to the heat haze. Walked around Dover castle, had lunch in the Naafi then walked along the seafront – there was a large group of people swimming round the harbour.
Sunday 29th: I went to church in the morning and tried to write down the words members of the congregation were bringing in the Spirit – there were many of them, including a beautiful love song to the Lord. Something in the sermon really caught my attention and set me thinking, seeming (in my mind) to be addressed to me.

Vic returned safely some time after midnight. This may seem unremarkable to the reader. However, my father was one of ten siblings, and his youngest brother (Ian) was killed in a motorcycle accident in France, as was one of his nephews (also named Ian), as was one of my ex-boyfriends (named Nigel). At some point in life my mind had processed the conclusion that motorcycling in France is not a safe activity but obviously I hadn’t wanted to influence Vic’s decision prior to the event by burdening him with my fears, so had kept all this to myself. Now though, the thoughts or feelings I had been suppressing welled up within me, making it difficult to sleep peacefully. In between snatches of sleep, bizarre thoughts troubled me.

Monday 30th
I was due to host a meeting about the proposed Wholeness through Spirituality group, but sensing that I was in the throes of another relapse in mental health, I passed on the work I had done towards creating an agenda and managed to get word out to change the venue and proceed without me. I coped with Monday night Dance class only with a little help from my friend.

No comments: