Sunday 8 June 2008

Sunday Roast

Cycled to church this morning – another glorious summer’s day. The service was great. I was really into the worship, and there were a few prophetic utterances about forgiveness, grace, and again about surrendering to God, then Nigel preached from Mark chapter 10 on Marriage and Divorce. He spoke about how a marriage can get off on the wrong course from the beginning if you don’t get to know each other really well before you decide to get married. He spoke about how it doesn’t work if there is stuff in our past that we are so ashamed of that we keep it secret from the other person, sealing it away for ever – how that creates a barrier that can cause problems down the line. I thought about my own past and all the stuff I’d kept secret – was it any surprise that I’ve had periods of real struggle down the years.

Back home I cooked a very large roast chicken dinner as we had Vicky and her friends plus Dave coming round for lunch. Once again it was lovely to watch them all tucking in to huge platefuls, and they were all very complimentary – also enjoying the lemon cheesecake and hot chocolate puds. Vicky packed herself another dinner from some of the leftovers and took it home for tomorrow, along with the courgette plants I’ve potted up for her. Altogether an enjoyable weekend.

No comments: