Friday 19 September 2008

Off to a good start!

Last Wednesday (10th September) I put the question: swim membership – will I or won’t I? If you guessed yes, then you know me well. Yesterday I walked to the leisure centre and signed up. The plan is to swim at least 4 times a week coupled with a healthy diet to achieve a target weight-loss of 30 lbs over 15 weeks. (Christmas is 14 weeks away). I got off to a good start this morning, waking up when the alarm went off at 6 am, cycling there, swimming 20 lengths and cycling home again before 7.40 am. Hands and ears were cold on the way there but lovely and warm on the way home, suggesting the swimming got the blood pumping round.

Came home and indulged in 2 bowls of cereals and a cooked breakfast – which isn’t exactly representative of the way I mean to go on, diet wise! Now the sun is shining and it looks a lovely day out there so I’m probably headed over the allotment once I’ve finished here.

No comments: