Tuesday 4 November 2008

Frustration in the morning, delight later

On 16th September I applied for my driving licence to be renewed (a previous application in August was unsuccessful as it was less than three months since the relapse). I phoned the DVLA to enquire into progress today and was advised that as the medical questionnaire sent out to Dr Y_ on the 1st October had not been returned, a further form was sent on 29th October. I penned a letter to Dr Y_ expressing my anger and frustration at the delay and hand-delivered it. Then I bought some Thornton’s ‘Winter Choccies’ for some self-indulgent comfort eating and went to see the film ‘High School Musical 3’. I thought it would be a real ‘feelgood’ movie. Disappointingly it didn’t do a lot for me.

In the evening I attended the Wholeness through Spirituality meeting – this was the third time the group has been held, but the first time I’ve been able to attend as the other meetings clashed with dance classes. Tonight Stuart was facilitating, and the theme was Rain. I was delighted to find somebody I met earlier in the year to whom I’d sent an invitation had come along with her mother.

No comments: