Tuesday 11 November 2008

Good pace, good fun, good news!

Changed tactics for my swimming session today, putting in just 10 lengths but at a fairly good pace. (I’d left it a bit late, and the session was closing so I didn’t have sufficient time to swim more).

Christina asked if I’d make up a handout of the main points from Mark’s sermon for Cell group tomorrow night. I turned it into an illustrated booklet on communication, which was quite fun and earned me some ‘brownie points’.

Good news! I rang the DVLA and my licence was granted on the 8th November and is in the post. I’m allowed to drive again! Independence! Whilst it has been good for the environment and good for me to walk or cycle, over the winter when the weather can be so grotty it makes a big difference to be able to jump in the car and drive. My first trip was to deliver a box of Thornton’s Winter Choccies and a thank you card to Dr Y_ and his secretary for their assistance in my application to have my licence renewed (see blog entry for 4th November).

Over the allotment today I pulled the last of the beetroot and picked two healthy portions of Brussels sprouts.

No comments: