Saturday 8 November 2008

‘Inspire’ Ladies’ Day


The Ladies’ Day began at 2 pm – on arrival we were greeted with coffee and home-made cakes, and given a Pashmina each as a gift. Here I am wearing mine. I was amused by the laundry instructions: Dry Clean Only In Cold Water. Not quite sure how that works – if you’ve got any ideas, please let me know!

During Beverley’s teaching, she spoke about how, if God is calling us to do something, even if we don’t feel fully ready, He will fill in the gaps. This week I’ve sent off an application for a part-time (12 hours a week) admin role. The job description specified someone who has ‘knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, particularly Powerpoint’. (I suppose it means MS Office, particularly Outlook and Powerpoint). I had hesitated to apply as I haven’t had much occasion to use Powerpoint and don’t feel fully proficient in it. I was sitting with Christina, and in the break spoke to her about it. Rachel was sitting nearby and overheard – it turns out she teaches MS Office and she offered me a lesson to brush up my skills!

After the worship and teaching, we sat down to a scrumptious three course meal, then had fun singing along to Mamma Mia!

No comments: