Thursday 28 January 2010

Culinary flop!


Not all my culinary efforts are successful. Now you might be forgiven for thinking that the photo shows two respectable Yorkshire puddings. Sadly not. Today is my neighbour's little boy's first birthday so I thought it would be a nice gesture to make him a birthday cake. If you check out the blog entry for 27th December 2009 you'll get the idea. I really don't know why these are such a flop - unless it's because I mixed two types of fat. I didn't have sufficient soft margarine so I made it up with butter. Would that do it?
Anyway, suffice it to say that I abandoned the idea of giving this cake to my neighbour. I had to go into town anyway this afternoon for an interview at the Job Centre so I used the trip as an opportunity to buy the kid a wooden shape-sorting puzzle instead. The present was very well received.
One half of the cake I have used as the basis for a large trifle, the other I gave to a friend for her to do something with. Now I just have to find someone on whom to bestow the trifle. Any takers?

No comments: