Thursday 7 January 2010

Day 3 of the Big Snow




Yesterday I put out for the birds this smorgasbord of seeds, etc. I placed it under the garden table so it wouldn't become covered in snow, but only the robin was brave enough to visit with it being right next to the patio window.


At the other end of the garden in front of the shed there is a low brick wall with domed coping stones on which I've laid a bag of compost and on that perched a flat receptacle of water which the birds use as a watering hole or bath according to their preference. Here it is covered in snow.


Now I've cleared off the snow and put some fresh water in there, and on top of that balanced the tray of birdfood. Already the robin has approved the new location.
















The brilliant sunshine reflecting from the snow gives a fantastic sparkling quality to the light and to the landscape. As I sat looking out of the window I was thinking about how snow transforms the landscape totally - and so quickly! From there my thoughts turned to prayers, turning to God and inviting Him to totally transform the landscape of my life so that it's purity will reflect His glory.





No comments: