Sunday 24 January 2010

Dog-Sitting


I agreed to look after Rusty for the weekend whilst his family were away. I had an inkling beforehand that I should refuse. On Friday afternoon I took him for a long walk over the common then gave him his dinner. Whilst I was preparing my dinner, he asked to go out so I let him out in the garden. Unfortunately he found a dead bird I had no idea was there, which strangely held more appeal than the dog food supplied - but not for long. Once indoors, he sicked it back up. Not exactly something you want to be dealing with clearing up just before a guest arrives to share a meal, believe me!
Then this morning again I took him for a walk and he did his business so I felt safe leaving him for an hour or so whilst I went to the local church. Mistake. I came home to find a huge puddle, two piles of poo and more vomit. This time he ignored his bowl of dog food in favour of the soil from one of my house plants which evidently disagreed with him.
Sunday lunch doesn't hold much appeal right now!

No comments: