Thursday 16 October 2008

Inner wholeness or In a hole-ness?

Recently as part of my Recovery Plan, I've been using the trampette for a bit of light exercise.

Got it out today and set it up on the grass.

Grass was wet and soggy underfoot from yesterday's rain. Took my trainers off and stepped onto the trampette, careful not to tread on grass and get socks wet.
Began to bounce.

Rapidly realised I wasn't wearing my customary sports bra. The lacy little Primark number (£3) just wasn't ... errr... 'man' enough for the task.

Provided extra support with hands, glad that the high hedges guarantee the neighbours can't see.

After a few minutes became aware that the trampette was now at a crazy drunken angle.

Stepped off onto the wet grass - Ugh! Now got wet socks.

Discovered that my bouncing had effectively hammered two of the legs deep into the soft earth. Pulled them out - but it left the black rubber feet behind in the bottom of each hole.

Found something thin, metal and slightly hooked and tried to fish for the rubber feet.

Only succeeded in catching a metal washer.

Tried digging out a core of earth with a trowel then searching through it for the rubber foot. No luck. Now not only were my socks wet, my fingers were extremely muddy with dirt trapped under the fingernails - NOT an attractive look to sport at tonight's dance class.

Added to that there's the vandalism to Vic's lawn (I think of it as his now that I leave the garden to him to tend whilst I focus on the allotment).

Like a naughty schoolgirl, I try and hide the evidence.

[Sigh] Remind myself confession is supposed to be good for the inner wholeness of the soul. Added to that I need to tell him if I want him to help me retrieve the feet.

No comments: