Wednesday 29 October 2008

Snow in October!


This Christmas Cactus is blooming early!
Apparently the last October we had sufficient snowfall in the south for it to settle was back in 1934. Neither Vic nor Dave could resist making the suggestion that I get my bike out today (a family joke relating back to January 1999 when as part of a New Year Resolution to get fit, I decided to forsake the car in favour of cycling to work - a distance of around one mile. Unfortunately at the first junction, the road was like a sheet of ice. I came off the bike and managed to both dislocate and fracture my left elbow. It took months of physiotherapy before I regained the use of the arm). Ha ha. No thanks. I walked to the pool, did 20 lengths and walked home, walking to Dave's after lunch to do a spot of decorating for him then walking home again to make a warming vegetable curry with spiced basmati rice for dinner and apple crumble for dessert.

It's half-term so no Cell Group tonight. Vic and I went back to Dave's where they finished fitting skirting board and architrave in the freshly decorated bedroom and I painted the radiator and cleaned the windows.

No comments: