Thursday 13 March 2008

Food, glorious Food!

So, today I had the appointment with my GP and he has prescribed a proton pump inhibitor. I also walked into town and reluctantly bought some knickers the next size up to accommodate the extra weight I've perversely taken to carrying around with me. This is NOT my preferred solution, which would be to regain that svelte silhouette of 2006, but I can understand my body's confusion given the mixed messages it's receiving as I chomped on a Topic and two bowls of cereal with rice milk. Yeah, rice milk. That was before I read today's article in the Telegraph about the amount of arsenic found in rice milk.

For lunch I had the lentil bolognese leftover from yesterday. It was really tasty, the fresh basil complementing the tomatoes and garlic perfectly. Garlic breath for dancing tonight – gotta share the good stuff, eh?

This afternoon I drove over to the allotment, arriving just as a fine rain began. First job was to discard some of the potatoes that have been quietly going mouldy to the point that the smell greeted me as soon as I opened the shed door. Then I braved the weather and put in an hour of weeding before the rain really set in. It sort of makes up for the Topic, don't you think? Then of course there's dancing tonight – that's more exercise, not forgetting this morning's walk to the doctor's and back and into town and back. Ah, who am I trying to kid!

No comments: