Sunday 30 March 2008

On Top of the World

Vic has now sold the Kawasaki. He decided it was too heavy and cumbersome – not really what he wanted. He was pleased to get back what he'd paid for it and still retain the panniers and top box. The trader he sold it to was also pleased and now has it up for sale with a large mark-up. Meanwhile Vic continues to seek out the bike he really wants – preferably a shaft drive.

Church felt a bit strange this morning – lots of men and children, not many women (they were away on the Ladies' Weekend). Mark preached on the passage in Mark's gospel (Mark6:30-44) about the feeding of the five thousand. He has a way of taking biblical teaching and applying it to modern-day life with real insight and understanding, not withholding the lessons from his personal life. It's great. (His sermons are recorded and available online - email me if you want to check them out).

After the service I went through to the café for coffee and met up with someone I hadn't seen in a while. She had visitors with her, Bryce and Joan, and invited me to sit with them. I really hit it off with Joan – we got deep into conversation and afterwards Joan grasped my hand and told me she would never forget me, which was very uplifting. I felt on top of the world for the rest of the day, and the weather rejoiced with me - warm spring sunshine tempted me out for a gentle walk in the afternoon. Very pleasant.

No comments: