Friday 28 March 2008

Inner Peace

Today I've been thinking about forgiveness. I've suggested to someone recently that forgiveness is the key to being released from an on-going pattern of frustration. (As usual when I find myself dispensing uninvited advice, I then spent some time looking at my own life to see if I'm trying to tell myself something!)

To anyone who doesn't have a spiritual view of life, who lives very much in the world revealed by our five senses, I guess the idea that an internal decision might have an effect on their external circumstances must seem far-fetched in the extreme. I would say to you in that case, what have you got to lose by giving it a try? No one else need know – just try it in the privacy of your own mind and watch and see if there is a 'release'- a breakthrough, a new sense of freedom – backed up by positive change in your external circumstances.

Click on the link below and it will take you from this page to an external page on the internet with an exercise in learning inner peace through forgiveness – please do give it a go, for my sake - it's painful watching loved ones hurt themselves unnecessarily!

The Power of Forgiveness

Additionally/alternatively, try saying the following affirmations aloud (in private) each time you find yourself feeling angry or frustrated by someone:

"God is the love with which I forgive you, [person's name]; God is the love with which I forgive myself" It may not feel like you mean it at first, but keep saying it in trust and I believe eventually you will be released to the dizzy heights of joy and inner peace

No comments: