Wednesday 20 August 2008

All's well

When I’d received the letter from the hospital with details of the appointment this morning, I’d merely glanced at the details, logged the appointment in Outlook and in my diary, then put it aside. Today I picked it up and realised there was a further sheet behind, giving another appointment at the same Outpatients’ clinic with a doctor whose name was unfamiliar to me. He turns out to be an Oncologist, which was a bit of a shock, but all is well. The first excision was successful in removing all the abnormal cells, and the sample removed in the second excision was clear, indicating no further treatment is necessary. However, the hospital is carrying out a study into whether Tamoxifen protects against the recurrence of DCIS in women who have had conservative surgery. I qualify to join the study if I want to. I agreed to receive details.

The other appointment was to inspect the wound, which is healing well. I’ll be called back in three months to produce my boobs for another inspection.

Later in the day I was checking out TV on Demand and discovered a Bollywood movie for free: [1]‘The Bluffmaster’. Being still deeply immersed in Shantaram, this appealed as a bit of fun escapism and to help support my visualisation of the world in which Roberts’ masterpiece is set. I’m told that one of the rules of Bollywood is that the characters never kiss – if you know whether this is true and if so, what’s behind it, please feel free to educate me via the comments box, see link below (or email).

[1]‘The Bluffmaster’ reminded me of another film, ‘The Game’ (Michael Douglas/Sean Penn). Anyone else seen these two films, noted the similarity?

No comments: