Tuesday 26 August 2008

Canoodling carrots

Doorbell rang at 9 am – I opened the door to find a car on the drive and a man I didn’t know on the doorstep. He asked my name, then handed over my new passport – excellent service! Later the Madhur Jaffrey cookery book I bought for 1p off the internet arrived and I sat reading it for a while, then wondered where the morning went. After lunch I went over the allotment to do a bit more work and pick some more crops. Anyone of my generation reading who remembers Esther Rantzen’s TV programme, ‘That’s Life!’? Remember the amusing vegetables they used to feature? How about these:

Canoodling Carrots




Piggy-back - the one on the left in this picture has a baby carrot clinging to its shoulders. The one on the right isn't as amusing in this photo as in the errr.... flesh.
Is it just me that thinks the potato below looks like a bottom?







No comments: