Tuesday 30 March 2010

Busy day








I had an interview for a position at a local organisation at 9 am today. Knowing how bad the traffic and the queue for the car park can be, originally I'd planned to catch the bus but with the rain varying from 'tipping it down' to 'torrential', I decided to take the car. I left plenty of time and managed to arrive half an hour early. It seems the ticket machine wasn't working, the barriers to the car park were up and cars were streaming in so I followed suit. I passed some time in a book shop before heading on up to the interview. I had to take an audio-typing test which seemed to go ok, although I'd never used a digital transcription machine before. I didn't feel I gave a very good impression at the interview - could probably still do with brushing up my technique. The good news is when I came out, one of the exit barriers was up at the car park and I was able to sail out again without having a ticket.

Afterwards I took myself to a 'Prayer labyrinth' that has been set up in a local church. I hadn't anticipated quite how powerful it would be - I found stuff from my childhood surfacing that I didn't realise I was still harbouring jealousy over - it was a real surprise, perhaps triggered in part by the big impression the happy family in 'The Blindside' had made on me (it's based on a true story).

In the afternoon I made a couple of desserts - a banoffee pie and a tiramisu (see photos) - ready for tonight's bring and share supper party at my place. There were 6 of us plus baby Olive and I thoroughly enjoyed the evening.

No comments: