Wednesday 14 April 2010

Another rejection




The weather has been glorious lately and I've been taking a few walks over the Old Dean Common. There's a place I like to sit and meditate, allowing my peace to merge with the peace of the woods. This sign greets you at the entrance to the woods and amuses me - I think the picture looks more like a mobility scooter than a motorcycle - yes folks, keep those mobility scooters out of our woods! No tearing up the peace, disturbing the wildlife! As if!
Well, today I received yet another rejection letter to add to my growing pile. Apparently again a close-run second ... "I regret to say that on this occasion you were unsuccessful. It was a close decision between you and another candidate but overall the other candidate demonstrated a greater capacity to deal with the business sector, which is a central part of this role." I knew I hadn't come across as well as I might at the interview, having been thrown significantly by the muddly way the interview began. No more interviews arranged at present, and only 3 more applications outstanding. All I can do for the moment is make the most of the lovely weather and the free time. No great hardship there, then.

No comments: