Thursday 15 April 2010

Experiment with Light... and salmon fishcakes


Well my lovelies, I'm going away for a residential weekend with the Religious Society of Friends (you probably know them as the Quakers). It's an 'Experiment with Light' weekend, trying to experience the Light as early Friends did, supposedly a very powerful experience. If nothing else, the surroundings are beautiful - it's up in Cumbria.
Yesterday I went to the Spiritual Journeying group. It wasn't my turn to lead, I could sit back and relax - very pleasant. One of my colleagues there commented on how the peace and joy I've found through connecting with the inner light is radiating from me. It's working then! Hopefully I'll have some more to share on the subject upon my return.
Dinner today was also an experiment - home-made salmon, dill and spring onion fish-cakes. I was making it up as I went along and the resulting mixture was perhaps a little sloppy, not lending itself completely to the perfect shaping I was looking for. Surprisingly bland, too - but plenty of tomato ketchup soon improved things on that score. Served with oven-roast sweet pepper and petits pois. I got the idea from an item I saw on a menu yesterday. A friend took me out for a meal at Bluebeckers in Chobham, and from there we drove on to Woking intending to see the film 'Dear John'. Unfortunately it was being screened in the smallest theatre and despite getting there three quarters of an hour early, all seats were sold. That was a big surprise! Normally we go on a Monday night when tickets are only £5 each, despite which the place is often almost empty. I guess Wednesday night attracts the 'Orange Wednesday' bargain-hunters.
Came back home and watched a DVD I'd borrowed from the library: 'A Serious Man'. I really, really, REALLY didn't get it one little bit ... sat through the whole film waiting to understand what the opening scene was all about and how it fitted into the rest ... and couldn't quite believe it when the titles started rolling, leaving me with the sense that the film had been abandoned halfway through. Hmmm... definitely not one of my better choices.

No comments: