Thursday 1 April 2010

Colour coordinated kitchen

My friends could probably tell you without having to think very hard that I've never paid too much attention to colour coordinating. I can appreciate and admire others' colour sense, for instance from the first moment I set eyes on this kitchen, I liked it - it was definitely an influential factor in my buying this house.

The old hand-towels I brought with me from my previous home are a bit past their best, and I decided to buy some colour coordinated new ones. I'd been given an M&S voucher, so it was the obvious place to start looking. They didn't have any in the red (burgundy? Morello cherry?), so I bought a couple of lovely luxurious-feeling charcoal coloured hand-towels to go with the colour of the worktop and floor tiles. Then in town today I noticed a new linen shop offering this burgundy towel (see photo). What do you think? Not a bad match, eh? Before you know it I'll be wearing colour-coordinated outfits, with matching handbag and shoes ... or not.

At the moment for some unknown reason my emotions seem a lot closer to the surface than usual - unexpectedly I shed more than a few tears when I learned today that my application for the audio-typing position was unsuccessful. Strange, 'cos I wasn't even aware of really wanting it.

No comments: