Tuesday 26 February 2008

From Prescience to Pizza

With Brian away on training, I chose not to go to Monday dance club alone. Instead I got some films out of the library. Vic and I watched 'The Celestine Prophecy' and in bed that night I thought about how the characters were shown glimpses of the future in guidance. My thoughts switched to Jesus and the many stories in the Gospels which seem to indicate he had prescience, in particular to the story (see Matthew 17:24-27) where Jesus tells Peter to go catch a fish, look in its mouth, and there would be a coin to pay their taxes.

As a companion to my Quiet Time Bible readings, I've been using a little book called 'Power to Soar' by Charles Sagle. Tuesday's scriptures included II Corinthians 8:12

For if the willingness is there, the gift is acceptable according to what one has, not according to what he does not have.

This was accompanied by the words:

Worried Child,

The law of sowing and reaping is working for you, not against you. Which do you suppose packs the most power? The seeds of love and faith or the seeds of fear and failure? Think about it.

With Joyful Expectancy,

Father

Home-made pizza (with a scone base) is a long-standing family favourite, and Tuesday night David helped me assemble one. Yum! We used fresh basil from the indoor herb garden.




No comments: