Friday 15 February 2008

Little Objects of Desire: Toilet Paper

Some years ago Sainsbury's introduced a new toilet tissue to their range. It was quilted (in competition with Andrex Quilts). It was marvellous! Fantastic wet strength, yet soft and economical. Then it vanished from our local store leaving a lingering desire for more ... now there is a quilted version available once again but it doesn't seem to be quite the same. This version has, I surmise, less sheets per roll than the original, and although you don't need as many sheets per wipe compared with the unquilted version, we seemed to be getting through rolls at the rate of .... well, at the rate of a public toilet. We've reverted to the unquilted sort. They have the FSC logo on, so at least my conscience can rest untroubled. Thank you, Sainsbury's, for providing such a wide choice of toilet tissue!

In other news:
I've been invited for an interview and received an application form for the job of volunteer in the Age Concern tea room. I studied the 'skills/experience' box for a while. Would they really be interested in my IT skills, or my office experience? It didn't seem particularly relevant to serving Old Folks tea. Hesitantly, I printed:


BEEN MAKING TEA FOR MANY YEARS

... thought about it some more, then added another line:

CAN MANAGE COFFEE, TOO.

By now it was looking like the start of a poem, so I finished with:


THERE'S WASHING UP? WELL HAVE NO FEARS,
THIS ALSO I CAN DO.

Let's hope it brings a smile to someone's day.

Today I harvested some of the herbs and used them on the home-made pizza - Lovely! Here is a photo of the herb garden before harvesting.

No comments: