Thursday 14 February 2008

Valentine's Day

I've got Athlete's Foot again. Haven't had that for 2 or 3 years, ever since I discovered the cure for fungal infection is to tackle it from the inside. When I was following the anti-Candida diet, all kinds of niggly minor ailments cleared up, including Athlete's Foot. I don't think I got any migraines, either, so far as I can recall. Once the body was back in good health and good shape, it was so much easier to maintain as it didn't have any hungry fungi craving sugars! You know how it is once you start eating sweet foods - it sets you up to want more. Last week after the mammogram, I bought a packet of wheat-free chocolate biscuits. They were yummy! Then I made a gluten-free banana & carrot cake (with added sugar), pancakes with maple syrup and ice-cream on Pancake Day, and again at the weekend. More wheat-free biscuits were consumed on Saturday .... no wonder the migraine and the Athlete's Foot with all this fuel to stoke the fires of inner hell!

Not only has the impurity of my diet been compromising my health, but the self-recriminations about these lapses, about the weight gain, and about the general tardiness to get up at a reasonable time every morning have been compromising my peace of mind - which could become a vicious downward spiral unless this day sees a decision for love.

Talking of the mammogram (I did mention it back there in passing), unexpectedly I have received a couple of invitations - one, to spend a whole morning with the Breast Screening Unit in Guildford, and two, to attend an appointment with my GP - both of these to take place next week.

In other news:

Tuesday this week saw me attending another couple of meetings - I picked up an action from the Mental Health Links meeting, to create the publicity leaflet for the 'Wholeness through Spirituality' training course. I spent Wednesday afternoon working on it, and was pleased to accomplish the task. It felt good. Wednesday was a pretty good day all round, really - the weather was gorgeous again. I hung some washing out on the line, and had a brisk walk into town and back to get away from the computer screen, so I felt I'd enjoyed the benefit of the sunshine. I also wrote something for the Cell Group blog about last week's meeting, which I've been intending to do. Of course, in bed last night I remembered some more things that had been said at the meeting which I'd left out ... oh well, I know some people are put off reading things I write because they are over-long and wordy. Would be wise to remember 'less is more'. On the other hand ... I have five fingers. No, really what happened there was my thoughts went off at a tangent, thinking about writing. I'm still working my way through a friend's novel, making comments as I go. I sent an email recently saying "I'm just over halfway through novel which seems very accomplished with well-defined, well-drawn characters", which to me was high praise, and was surprised by the reply: "Hope my novel is more than just proficient. But if that's all - hey, well..."

Anyway, my two decisions for today:

1. Take better care of this body with regards diet and exercise (resume anti-Candida diet)

2. Set a regular time for getting up in the morning.

No comments: