Thursday 7 February 2008

Inconceivable

I've been reading Inconceivable by Ben Elton, the novel on which a film called Maybe Baby was based. Parts of it were so funny that I was literally laughing out loud - not one of those books you'd want to read in a public place, perhaps, unless you're totally unselfconscious. Finished it last night. On Freecycle I saw some books and Christian magazines on offer and thought it might be good to make the Christian magazines available on the library table at Church. I'm really glad I responded for two reasons, one because there's some more reading material for Vic and me, and two, because I had an interesting conversation with the Freecycler donating the books and I think she may bring her family along to Church, where I think they would feel at home.

Last night was my first go at leading Cell in the Word. Seemed to go ok, although some members kept quiet and I was wondering whether to invite them specifically to make a contribution or whether to accept that they may not have wanted to say anything.

The digital radio I ordered yesterday arrived today - an almost inconceivably rapid response! It is eminently portable with a re-chargeable powerpak. Unfortunately it seems it can't pick up one of the channels I particularly wanted to receive (that shows on the website as probably available in this area). No doubt as digital coverage expands, I'll be able to get it in due course. Meanwhile it gives the possibility of listening to the radio whilst I'm over the allotment.

No comments: